Kai Mithoefer MD
Dr. Kai Mithoefer is an Orthopedic Surgeon at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, a multi-specialty physician group serving approximately 350,000 patients in eastern Massachusetts. He specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Shoulder and Elbow surgery at the Harvard Vanguard practice sites in West Roxbury and Wellesley. Kai Mithoefer, MD is an Orthopedic staff surgeon at Brigham and Women’s/Faulkner Hospital, New England Baptist Hospital, and Newton-Wellesley Hospital and has an appointment as a clinical instructor in Orthopedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Kai Mithoefer received his medical degree from the Heinrich-Heine University School of Medicine in Dusseldorf, Germany. He completed his residency at Harvard Medical School’s Combined Orthopedic Residency program and his fellowship at the prestigious Hospital for Special Surgery at Cornell University in New York.
Kai Mithoefer, MD currently is a team physician for the New England Revolution and the US National Soccer Teams. He is an orthopedic consultant to World Team Tennis and has been an assistant team physician for the US Davis Cup Tennis Team and US Open Tennis Tournament.
- Medical Degree- Kai Mithoefer, MD received his medical degree from Heinrich-Heine University School of Medicine, Germany
- Internship- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Residency- Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program,
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Sports Medicine Fellowship- Dr. Kai Mithoefer is Fellowship trained at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell University, NY
- - American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Team Physician New England Revolution
- Team Physician US Soccer Federation
- Orthopedic Consultant World Team Tennis
- Dr. Kai Mithoefer is a Former Associate Team Physician/Medical Staff for:
- Women's United Soccer Association
- FIFA Women's Soccer World-Cup
- US Open Tennis Tournament
- US Davis Cup Team
- Sports Medicine
Articular Cartilage Repair
Arthroscopy of Shoulder/Elbow/Hip/Knee/Ankle