Karen Sutton MD
Yale University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Karen M. Sutton is an Attending Physician at Yale New Haven Hospital and an Assistant Professor at Yale University Medical School.
She incorporates both her extensive academic experience in orthopaedic surgery and her athletic accomplishments when treating her patients. Karen Sutton, MD completed her undergraduate experience at Duke University, her medical school at the University of Maryland, her residency at Yale, and her fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard University. During Dr. Karen Sutton fellowship she assisted in the orthopaedic care of the Boston Red Sox and the New England Revolution.
She played lacrosse at Duke University where she was a Division I Academic All-American and reached the Final Four during her last year. Dr. Karen Sutton currently treats patients with sports-related injuries and has a specific interest in female athletic conditions. She is specifically interested in anterior cruciate ligament rupture prevention in female athletes.
- Undergraduate Degree- Karen Sutton, MD has a B.A. in Chemistry with Biochemistry concentration, Graduation with Distinction, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Medical Degree- Dr. Karen Sutton graduated from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency- Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Sports Medicine Fellowship- Dr. Karen Sutton did her fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard School of Medicine, Boston, MA
Collaboration with hospitals
- Yale- New Haven Hospital
- - Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- Eastern Orthopaedic Society
- Sports Teams and Events Coverage for:
- Curry College (2008-2009)
- Boston Bruins (2008-2009)
- New England Revolution (2008-2009)
- Boston Red Sox (2009-2009)
- Harvard University (2008-2009)
- BB&N High School (2008-2009)
- Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament (2004-2007)
- New Haven Road Race (2004-2007)
- Sheehan High School Football Team (2003-2007)
- Yale University Multi Sports Day Camp (2004-2007)
by Tom Carter on February 5, 2013
Great doctor and willing to spend time with me and and focus on the cause and recovery options. I would recommend her to any family member or friend!