Wiemi Douoguih MD
Wiemi Douoguih, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon, serves as Director of Sports Medicine for MedStar Washington Hospital Center’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. He currently serves as the Medical Director for the Washington Nationals (MLB). Dr. Douoguih is a member National Orthopedics, P.C.
He is a graduate of Washington and Lee University in Lexington, VA and the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond. Dr. Douoguih is an alumnus of the Union Memorial Residency Program, and works closely with Thomas Graham, MD, director of MedStar Sports Medicine.
Dr. Douoguih serves as a Team Physician for the United States Judo Team, and is a consultant for the University of Maryland athletic teams (NCAA). He is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery, and completed a sports fellowship at the prestigious Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles. Dr. Douoguih has also served as an assistant team physician for the Washington Redskins, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Angels, and Anaheim Mighty Ducks as well as for the teams of Loyola Marymount University.
Dr. Douoguih specializes in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow and knee, with a particular emphasis on new and emerging minimally invasive reconstructive surgical procedures.
- Undergraduate Degree- Dr. Wiemi Douoguih received his undergrad from Washington & Lee University
- Medical Degree- Dr. Wiemi Douoguih received his medical degree from Medical College of Virginia
- Internship- Union Memorial Hospital
- Orthopaedic Residency- Union Memorial Hospital
- Sports Medicine Fellowship- Wiemi Douoguih, MD is Fellowship trained at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic
- - Medical Director and Head Orthopaedic Surgeon- Washington Nationals
- Team Physician- US Judo
- Associate Team Physician- University of Maryland Athletics
- Associate Team Physician- Baltimore Ravens
- Staff Physician- NFL Players Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow